Wednesday, March 18, 2009

...dreams come true. trust me on this.

Wow. I almost went a month without writing. But, there was good reason for it. If you have been following this blog (or this is your first time reading it, and in that case- I welcome you!)...I have been so busy preparing my application packet for SUNY Brockport's Washington Internship Program.

I received my acceptance letter yesterday =D I can't even tell you how floored I am for this opportunity- I have no idea who I'm interning with yet, the great thing about this program is that it guarantees me with a placement. And it's such a well-known program that I know I will end up somewhere awesome. 

To make things even sweeter- we welcomed 6 new sisters into our sorority yesterday, including my LITTLE!!!! They are amazing and I really cannot wait until we go on more adventures.

However- not all is shining bright in my life- but it's alright you have to take the good with the bad, and I also found out yesterday that I am not meant to be a diver! I decided to take Introduction to Springboard Diving because I love taking gym classes and the only pre-req was that you had to know how to swim and I live on a lake, so I assumed that hey- I'll learn the basics here! 

I was wrong. So, so wrong. My sorority does not call me Claps for nothing. Because of my lack of grace and coordination- I cannot even tell you how bad I was. I was the Bad News Bear to end all Bad News Bears. And I have the bruises on my hips to prove it. But you know what? I'm not going to quit, I'm going to prove to myself that I can do it, my friends who know how to dive are willing to show me the basics, and I'm going to keep with the class.

My roommates and I just finished watching Life is Beautiful, and with that- I end with this: Bongiorno Principessa!

No comments: