Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Let the "A" Girls Lead The Way!

=D Well, I bet you are probably wondering about what happened on Bid Day! We welcomed 6 great girls to join our sisterhood: Ali, Neffy, Blake, Kay, Amanda, and Jess. I'm really excited for them to start the new member process so I can call them "sisters" instead of "new members." But all in good time, pledging is fun.

As for me, life is settling back to normal now that recruitment is over. I did get elected to SA Senate and we had our first meeting. I have to say, even though I've only been to one senate meeting, I think that every student owes it to his or herself to run. It's really fascinating to have a really active role behind the scenes and I have to say, everyone is so nice and welcoming. Also, Phonathon has started again which is always a good thing because now I can get paid again haha. And that cold that I was complaining about in my last post is also gone. Sunday night/Monday morning was the worst of it. I decided to skip my classes in the morning because I had to take a breather. Unfortunately, I couldn't rest during the weekend because I had Phonathon Work Training on Sat and Sun and both sessions lasted 5 hours each.

Haha, however not everything is coming up roses in my life: I have an everyday battle going on between me and my heater in my room. Every other room in my Higgins Hall apartment is nice and toasty-warm...that is until you get into my room. My room is an ICEBOX. I literally have to sleep with 5 blankets on, in addition to the sweatshirt and wool socks. My roommates cannot stand to be in my room, it's so cold haha. I am definately talking with maintainance because I don't know how much more of this I can take lol.

Oh well- we shall see =D Until next time!

No comments: